The Community Services Massage Team
Community Service Massage Team
Jody Clouse, Chair of CSMT
Deb Van Ohlen
, Emergency Division Coordinator
The Mission of CSMT...
...is simple but powerful: "To respond to the needs of the communities within Connecticut with the power of compassionate, professional touch in order to promote the health and welfare of humanity."
Calendar of Events:
April 7-8, 2017
Floyd Little Athletic Center, New Haven
If you would like to join the CSMT:
- Participate in Outreach events: you’ll need a white CT AMTA Volunteer Shirt; contact the coordinator of the event listed on the website CSMT calendar of events; come out and volunteer.
- Take the CSMT training and earn your Blue Shirts: with the training you can participate as an official team member at Emergency events.
If you are not trained you cannot participate in Emergency events.
Contact Jody Clouse at: CsmtAMTACT@gmail.com
for more information.
If you want to volunteer for this team, or to help the chapter in other ways, please complete this volunteer form
The Goals of CSMT:
- Be a leader and resource in massage emergency response as a support to emergency responder and disaster communities
- Be a leader and resource in massage response in community service
- Create the standard by which massage therapy at community events, emergency or charity, is measured
- Promote massage therapy throughout the community
- Be aligned with governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Enhance the personal growth and professional development of AMTA-CT members
- Promote the visibility of AMTA-CT and the massage therapy profession
- Increase visibility of AMTA-CT therapists and assist members in promoting themselves
- Provide CSMT members with a safe and satisfying opportunity to volunteer
CSMT On Alert
There may be a statewide emergency drill on October 19th. If you're in the Emergency Division, keep your eyes on your email.
MTF Challenge Results
Each year, the MTF holds a state challenge, to see which chapter can raise the most funds for MTF. (If you don't know about MTF, learn more at massagetherapyfoundation.org.) We are happy to announce that Connecticut WON the state challenge! Thanks to our 1st VP, Sue Barrett for coordinating our fundraising efforts, and thanks to all the members who donated. Every dollar we can contribute to massage therapy research helps the entire profession.
Thank you to the following massage therapists who participated in the EMS Expo:
Thank you to the following massage therapists who participated in the Fairfield Marathon:
Thank you to the volunteers that participated at the CT MOM event: